So, it’s been about a month since I last posted. There’s been some amazing break through and changes since then! The week after I posted I had a horrible week. My sugar cravings came in something fierce and I caved to them. Possibly because of that I had 4 or 5 days where I was in so much pain physically I stayed in bed or on the couch as much as possible. I had a migraine for 3 of those days as well. After this experience I decided to try a nutrition supplement my friend Marri had been encouraging me to try.
I am so grateful that the LORD placed it on Marri’s heart to share Plexus with me, but I wish it I would have begun taking it back when she first mentioned it to me months ago! I have been taking it for 3 weeks tomorrow. It has been helping me tremendously. I’m not 100%, but I don’t expect that anytime soon. It took me years to get to this point and it won’t and shouldn’t take only a few weeks to get back. If you recall back in April I spoke about all the problems I’ve been having and how I was on the hunt for change. Here’s the list I made up then with some updates in red:
- I have suffered from depression and anxiety for the past few years, but this year has been the worst. I have been on an as needed medication for anxiety since Sam was born in March 2015. The past few months things have gotten worse. I have had anxiety attacks multiple times a week. I have not had an anxiety attack since I began the supplement!! That, my friends, is HUGE. We’ve had a lot of busy days and issues that would have caused me to have one in the past. Seriously, this past Monday I blew a tire, couldn’t get it changed, called Scott (who had to borrow a coworker’s car to get to me), had to buy new tires because the steel wall was showing on BOTH front tires, and our van’s break line broke!
- I have no energy and sleep all the time. I have had multiple times a week where I go to sleep at 7 or 8 pm and don’t wake up until 8 am or later if it’s a weekend AND still take a nap with Sam. I can make it until 9 pm now and I don’t take naps most days! I have had a few days where I’ve taken naps, but it is no longer a required daily occurrence. I also feel refreshed in the mornings now and not dragging.
- Then on the opposite end of that I will have horrible insomnia some nights and not go to bed until 3 or 4 am, if at all. I haven’t had problems with this for the past 2 weeks. I’ve been making it a point to just go to bed by 10ish. One thing I have noticed is it’s not taking me as long to fall asleep, which is really nice.
- I have been forgetting things. I’m not talking, “Where are my keys?” forgetful. I would be in a conversation and completely forget a simple word multiple times a day! I haven’t noticed a change in this yet. I’m still really forgetful.
- I have pain in my muscles and joints, so bad that I have been taking ibuprofen multiple times a week. Are you ready for this?!? I HAVEN’T TAKEN PAIN MEDICATION FOR MY JOINTS SINCE MONDAY THE 9TH!!! It isn’t completely gone, but it is bearable now. One thing I noticed is I’m now walking up and down the stairs like a normal person and not avoiding them. Before I would take one step at a time with both feet instead of going from one to the next.
- My skin has been doing weird things like crazy painful acne and dark patches. I haven’t noticed a change in this yet.
- My ADHD symptoms have been worse than normal. So much so I have considered going to get prescription medication for it, but I’m stubborn and hate taking it. I haven’t noticed huge changes in this. It is better in that I feel like I can focus a bit easier though.
- I have migraines once or twice a month. I haven’t had one in over 2 weeks! WOOHOO!!
So all that to say I’m really excited to continue this journey and see where it takes me! Your prayers would be appreciated because we have some big changes happening in our lives soon. Right now we’re not “announcing” them, but I’ll let you know about those changes as they happen. Thanks for following my journey, everyone! Please comment and let me know how you’re doing. Are there natural things that have helped you with the up above problems you’d like to share with me? I’m all ears! Until next time, friends.